I am in San Marcos right now. Enjoying a cup of green tea at Suzanne's house. When I left Mereta I was Austin bound. As the three and a half hour drive progressed I changed my course and headed for San Marcos. Since I have no immediate plans, besides looking for a job, I figured I could stay in San Marcos for a bit. My two best friends live here and the nature is amazing. (For those of you that don't know, San Marcos is 30 miles south of Austin and it is where I went to college.)I got teary eyed from seeing all the hippies with dreadlocks down to their asses! That is how I know I have missed Central Texas.
Friday was a bittersweet day. I did a lot of crying. The science teachers held a lunch for me, complete with a "Good Luck Kyla" cake and a "We Will Miss You" balloon. It was sweet and heartfelt. I had an hour long meeting with my principal and he just made me bawl like a teenager. I respect the man. I think he is amazing and progressive. He told me that I will make an excellent Principal one day because I had balls of steel. He said anybody that can just drop everything with no idea what the outcome will be is a leader. He said,"Yes. people probably think you are stupid, maybe a little insane for leaving with no job secured. But, you know this is the right decision in your heart. Leaders do not always have the support of others and pretty much fly solo". He went on to tell me how amazing I am :) and how much I will be missed. He said he wished I could have worked for him in a different time, like in my teaching prime.
I have to honestly say that this move was not totally my idea. Kyle had a lot to do with it. He may not be as horrible a husband as what I thought. I couldn't judge his insistence with me moving. Was he doing it to get rid of me? Or does he really know that this will only improve our relationship? Not many men could just let their wives go. Does this make him an amazing husband? Or really apathetic? I don't know those answers. I guess I will figure that out.
On a self improvement note. Danny fixed my bike and I rode it yesterday. And then walked about 4 miles. I am gonna ride again today.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment