Monday, January 12, 2009

What I will miss about West Texas

I think it is only fair that I create a list of things that I will miss here.

Kyle ('cuz who knows if he will ever leave here)
Mimi ( my mother in law is sweet as pie)
Melody (sister in law with spunk)
The sunsets
The sunrises
The quiet serenity of a less populated place
All of the Eden crew (Kyle's family and friends that are a hoot and a holler)
Antique stores
Ernest and Katherine(friends at work that I will miss)
Prunella (Older lady that lives on the goat ranch).
Long drive to work in the morning.
Old West Texas cowboys that open the door for you and call you "little lady".

So why am I leaving?

This list is shorter and I am just a tattooed woman here. Women are not respected here. I will never be a principal here. I will never be accepted here. I guess I need so much more to be happy. I do not dare write a list of things I dislike. That would be a detriment to my positive spirit I am trying to cultivate. Maybe Kyle and I will be an unconventional couple. We are definitely abnormal people individually. So, it only makes sense that we have an abnormal relationship. Who says we have to have a marriage like everyone else?

No comments: