I really don't. I have no idea what my life will look like in a month, two months, or a year. I find myself combating negativity and doubt today. There are so many things out there that can easily can cause me to be a Debbie Downer. But, I REFUSE to let anybody or anything get me down. How you handle things in light of conflict shows who you truly are. I have no idea if my husband and I will stay married. I have no idea if I can overcome my financial problems with grace. I have no idea how long it will take me to get to Austin. I have no idea when I can have a home of my own again again. I have no idea when I will be able to take care of Mabel again. I have no idea if I will get to lose the weight I have put on.
All of this seems so overwhelming. But, I have overcome a lot already. I know that things have a way of taking care of themselves. I do the best I can, which means to be impeccable and cautious. I believe that "God" will take care of the rest. Maybe I am in shock from all the craziness. But, I have nothing to lose, so I have everything to gain. I enjoying my journey. I living in the moment, which takes practice. So I guess that is why I am going through this, for some practice.
I am not scared. I am not fearful. Negativity is the evil that has caused this society to fall. It is this fear that the media and "god-fearing" people perpetuate. My god is not a nasty, mean, and vengeful god.
Fox news and other media outlets have created our day to day reality. It is NOT REAL. They have made everything up. Your reality is YOUR reality. You have a choice to create your world. I reject so many things as to create my own reality.
Maybe the reason that I do not fear the things that others fear is because I have not put an IDOL in my life. Maybe the television is that golden calf that we humans tend to worship. Think about it. Where is your television in your home? Is it centered in the "family room"? Do we all sit around and worship it? DO you listen to everything it has to say? DOES it influence your beliefs?
Read a book people!!! Get outside and observe. Volunteer in a school. Talk to educated people. Go for a walk. Travel to a different country. HAVE SOME DAMN FAITH.
KILL YOUR TV and choose LIFE.
Thank you for reading my rant.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would have to disagree with your God fearing comment. I'm God fearing, and I would not say my God is vengeful and I am living in fear. It is quite the opposite.
But my TV is not my God so you aren't pointing the finger at me(:
Post a Comment