Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Customer Service and BUGS

How difficult is it to get ahead? My mother in law told me when she first got married they lived on 50 dollars a month and still had money for vacations. What has our society sold their happiness for? Insurance, loans, and credit cards. I stayed on the phone for 4 hours today trying to figure out my student loans and how to consolidate them. I talked to a number of "customer service" agents and they all told me different things. I had to pour a glass of red wine to unwind my neck muscles from being on hold for so long.

While I was on the phone I perused the tabloid websites. Pam Anderson drives a 500,000 dollar car. I am way hotter than she is, I just don't take my clothes off for money. Priorities seem really screwy to me. I have a Master's to safeguard the children of our future and she teaches them to look like hoochies. WOW.

One customer service agent for a unnamed cable service asked me why I was discontinuing my service. I told her I was moving far far away where there is no cable or phone service. She asked, (In a foreign accent I could barely understand)" For how long will you be away"? I told her "FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE". I don't even mind that my cell phone doesn't work out here. I know it drives my mom and my friends nuts. But, it feels great not to be a slave to modern conveniences.

On a lighter note. There are bugs here. A lot of bugs here. Small bugs, big bugs, angry bugs, spiders that make you scream they are so big. I am not kidding. Exterminators don't drive out this far. So, I will have to use natural hippie remedies. I think dish washing soap works.

While I was cooking dinner I saw a black spider emerge from his milky white cocoon. It was on my kitchen wall. I come from the philosophy that that spider could be my great grandfather reincarnated..so I didn't murder him. A tick spider had a web under my bar. Kyle simply caught him and threw him outside. I had a cricket chirping under my bed this morning. We have 4 cats and one is preggers. So I assume the bug population will go down as the month progresses. They keep the rattlesnakes away from the house...or would that be the roosters that keep the rattlers away?

No comments: