Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My First Week as a Married Woman

I am already relaxed. Being away from a congested city does a a lot to your psyche. On Thursday night my hubby and I went to the Farmer's Dinner of Tom Green County. We were definitely the youngest people there. For door prizes they gave away fertilizer and watermelons.

Some of you know about my post office lady, Inez. She is a piece of work. Mabel and I walk there every morning. Today I had to send a package. She doesn't know how to use a credit card machine. Seriously. If she has 5 minutes before lunch and you need something, she makes you leave because she doesn't have time to help you. Being a small town the whole post office shuts down. Seriously.

And some of you know my obsession with sushi. I took an extra job last summer to support my sushi habit. The only sushi restaurant is 25 minutes away in San Angelo. It sucks. Bad. So I guess I will save money.

One of my favorite bands played on Saturday night- Super Heavy Goat Ass. I got drunk and was the only idiot standing in front of the stage dancing. It was great to have some real Austin music come to San Angelo.

I am getting crafty. There are no distractions here and we are not getting cable. I have picked a few pieces of old wood furniture at a Salvation Army. I am going to paint them crazy neon colors and see what happens. I am really getting into antiques. There are so many great places around here to grab some espresso and buzz around in. I may have a extra job at an antique store to support that new habit.

1 comment:

Christie Stockstill said...

That sounds so relaxing and fun. Talk about a complete lifestyle change, though! Whew. Sounds like you'll have time to work on your book!