Linz and I went to Electric Mayhem last night. We have not been dancing together since October 2007. Electric Mayhem is a Wednesday night hip hop party at Lucy's in San Marcos. We use to live for Wednesday nights in college. And we are not talking about cheesy rap that infiltrates the radio stations. I am talking about certified shaking your ass music that makes you sweat so bad you look like you just got of the shower. It seemed like people would part just to let Linz and I come to the middle of the dance floor. We feed off of each other when we dance. It was the bomb.com in college.
Well. Linz asked me to go last night. Her husband is in Mexico and her mother was able to watch her 8 month old son while we went. Not only were we the oldest people there. We knew no one else but the DJ. We remembered music from our childhood. It wasn't oldies to us like it was to the children dancing there with us. Do you know the drinking age belongs to individuals born in 1988? I had to stop dancing because my knee hurt. We ached today and had a hard time staying up late.
It did make me realize what I do want. I want to not go to bars. I want to stay home and drink tea, maybe a glass or two of wine. I want to wake up at the butt crack of dawn and drink coffee. I really enjoy the morning sunlight coming through windows. I want a home with loads of trees and grass in the backyard. I want my husband here. I want to be settled and with a baby in a few years. I want normalcy.
He sent me some glorious chocolate in the mail. Chai and Lavender flavored organic cacao chocolate. The man knows the way to my heart. He sent me a sweet card that made me cry. It has been so long since I have gotten a card or letter that had his written word. I love written word. it gets down to my soul. I can read it over and over again. Although, it doesn't say what his future plans are. Doesn't say if he wants to be with me. I guess I am going through this to learn patience and to get stronger.
On a self improvement note. I am working out like crazy. I have worked out for 5 days straight. Linz got me a month membership to her gym. I just keep moving. Maybe it will make the pain subside and stability closer.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment