It is 8 o'clock on a Wednesday evening. My husband is still not home. His dad is a "socializer". They are working on a house 40 miles away in a town called Eden. All of Jimmy's friends live there. He likes to have happy hour after they work and drink beer after beer. Kyle drives him home like a good dutiful son and employee. His father has no regard for anyone else. I am not being judgemental, I am being honest. I have cooked dinner, it was ready an hour ago. I have picked up our house(as much as i can in its depressing and empty state). I have read and drank two cups of tea. I have smoked a cigarette. I have talked on the phone. I have taken a long shower and shaved my legs.
Now, next door is Kyle's brother and sister in law. She is holding a "candle party". Kyle's sister is there. Kyle's mother is there. The dreaded DARA is there. I am home. No invitation.
I can't even bring these frustrations up to Kyle. Simply because it will be null and void soon....when I move out of the dreaded hell hole called WEST TEXAS.
With that said, I have been applying to jobs non stop all day. There are at least 8 Assistant Principal jobs in Austin. There are also other jobs I am qualified for.
Please let the good Lord's light shine down on me. I am aching to return to a place of normalcy.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know what to say, Kyla. My heart is aching for you.
As cheesy as this is going to sound, I'll say it anyway:
The darkest hour is before dawn. Never forget that.
Love,
Andrea
That irritates me to no end they are treating you so shitty. I've been tempted to write Patrick and Daria and tell them all the wonderful qualities they are overlooking in you, but i haven't b/c i said i wasn't going to but in. xoxo Suzy
Post a Comment