All I have talked about for the last few years is "that great American memoir I am gonna write one day". This blog is helping me create that reality for myself. I needed a place to put all of my ideas down. I have an incentive - the people who care enough about me to read it. I am getting feedback from my friends that is making me even more passionate about this dream.
I often have a frown on my face. I am seen as arrogant or angry, like I have a GIANT chip on my shoulder. Although I am angry a lot, I am really thinking. I am thinking and formulating ideas into sentences into paragraphs and putting in chapter titles hold all of the ideas. My whole thought process is centered around this idea for a memoir. I read a memoir every two weeks or so to stay focused.
I have had a lot of fucked up shit happen in my life. Not like abuse or rape or abandonment, just things always happen to me. I always say....well that would make a great chapter. Have you ever heard of the blind guy that attacked my truck? I have a list of stories and ideas written down in my numerous journals. Do you know that I have kept a diary/journal since I was seven years old? I have all of them in Rubbermaid containers in the storage unit. There is a quickening theme of Rubbermaid containers lately.
Oh the future is so bright I gotta wear shades. Red wine on a Friday night is callin' my name.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment